Green Box analysed the existing situation and:
– introduced important modifications of the hydraulic circuit of the temperature control unit
– checked every single component in relation to the operating conditions and specified working parameters
– analysed all the possible risks
– selected the suitable components already tested on similar heavy applications
– developed a special unit including a PLC control (with internally developed software) to manage the peculiarities of the production cycle and unit features at the best.
Increase of operating features were immediately clear:
– no failure of mechanical sealing after 6 months of continuous operation
– process cycle start-up much easier
– no maintenance
– no production interruption
– faster process set-up due to the perfect temperature control during operating switching
– no risk of mistakes of workers during start-up (sets of operating parameters stored on the PLC)
– reduced power consumption and electrical power installed (18 kW heating power compared to the previous 60 kW).
The client has declared a dramatically improved start-up phase of the extrusion plant, with greatly reduced starting times and much less unforeseen problems.
Pump sealing failures have been completely eliminated.
Energy demand has been dramatically reduced thanks to the much better temperature control.
At the end our product has completely met the client’s needs and expectations.
Some optimisations have been carried out on the working plant to perfectly meet the operating needs with expanded polyethylene at lower temperatures.
The client has planned to use this solution on all his production lines and replace the units presently installed.
The extrusion plant manufacturer has declared his interest for this unit that should completely resolve the same starting problems on his systems delivered worldwide.